DEMON SLAYER DOMINATES OPENING WEEKEND AT AU / NZ BOX-OFFICE
Managing Director, Tim Anderson, said: “Demon Slayer has cemented itself as one of the all-time greats and these results speak to reach beyond what we consider our traditional ‘anime core’. Demon Slayer is at the forefront of anime’s steady march into mainstream consciousness and is a great jumping on point for those keen to discover the medium.”
A follow-up to the extremely popular 2019 TV series Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba-, the story follows Tanjiro Kamado’s journey as a demon slayer after everything is taken from him in a vicious slaughter. Now, all he has left is his sister, and she’s not even human anymore!
The film opens as Tanjiro and his comrades embark on a new mission aboard the Mugen Train and are joined by one of the most powerful swordsmen of the Demon Slayer Corps, Flame Hashira Kyojuro Rengoku. Together our heroes face a malevolent new foe.
- #1 opening day and #1 opening weekend in both Australia and New Zealand
- Currently screening at 167 locations in Australia and 38 locations in New Zealand in Japanese with English subtitles
- Formats include 2D, IMAX (Melbourne, Auckland), 4DX (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane)
- TV series now streaming on AnimeLab (www.animelab.com), Crunchyroll and Netflix in AU / NZ
- Japan’s highest grossing film of all time, having occupied 12 straight weeks at #1 at the Japan box office
- Recently became the worldwide highest grossing anime film of all time
- Demon Slayer – Season Two has been announced for an unspecified date in 2021
THE RECORD-BREAKING PHENOMENON – DEMON SLAYER: MUGEN TRAIN – IS NOW IN CINEMAS NATIONWIDE ACROSS BOTH AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND.