- SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR: With 2005’s highly stylised, violence-jammed eye popper, Sin City, co-directors Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller shook modern cinema to its core with a voluble crash of powerful storytelling and groundbreaking visually technology. Now they’re back for blood with the sequel.
- FELONY: Director Matthew Saville, writer/star Joel Edgerton and Aussie actor on the rise Jai Courtney, wade through a moral minefield in this Sydney-shot crime drama.
- BOYHOOD: In one of the most bold and audacious cinematic experiments ever mounted, writer/director Richard Linklater collaborated with young actor Ellar Coltrane over a period of twelve years to create this extraordinary coming-of-age drama.
- DIRECTOR/ACTOR PARTNERSHIPS: In this special feature, FilmInk looks at regular filmmaker/actor collaborators who continually make beautiful cinematic music together.
- DIRECTOR FEATURE: KELLY REICHARDT: The gritty, fiercely independent director of Old Joy, Wendy and Lucy and Meek’s Cutoff puts her own distinct spin on the thriller genre with the gripping Night Moves starring Jesse Eisenberg and Dakota Fanning.
- PLUS Predestination, The Immigrant, Into The Storm, Locke, What We Do In The Shadows, The Reckoning, Get On Up, A Walk Among The Tombstones, The Homesman, a special feature on the future of screen education in Australia, and much more.